Great Art Starts with Clean Equipment
Alconox Inc. cleaning products have been used by healthcare professionals for almost 75 years to prepare instruments for sterilization.
Alconox® Powdered Precision Tattoo Equipment Cleaner:
- Safe on tattoo equipment
- Effective in manual, soak, and ultrasonic cleaning
- Economical – Concentrated to save you money
- Non-corrosive – prolongs instrument life
Tergazyme® Enzyme Active Powdered Tattoo Equipment Cleaning Detergent:
- Contains enzyme for blood and protein soil removal
- The power of Alconox® plus enzyme to meet health ordinances
- Tergazyme® for cleaning tattoo inks, pigments, dyes and oils
- Long enzyme activity lasts 8 hours in solution
To clean tattoo equipment and instruments prior to sterilization, make a fresh 1% detergent solution (2 1/2 Tbsp. per gal., 1 1/4 oz. per gal. or 10 grams per liter) in cold or warm water. Use Alconox® for the standard tattoo equipment cleaning, or use Tergazyme® (Alconox® plus enzyme) for enzymatic cleaning where health ordinances may require enzymatic cleaning. Use warm water below 130 F (55 C). Clean instruments by soak or ultrasonic method. Tergazyme® solution will last 8 hours. Not for spray machines, will foam. RINSE THOROUGHLY – preferably with running water. The instruments are now ready for your sterilization process. Used on a wide range of glass, ceramic, plastic, and metal surfaces. Corrosion testing may be advisable.
For detergent selection guidance please review our Detergent Selection Guide.